For Windows Users:
If a simple reboot does not work to fix your problems, please follow the instructions below to re-install the ROBLOX software.
To re-install ROBLOX
Go to www.roblox.com/install and click the Install ROBLOX button. You do not have to uninstall the program before re-installing it. Re-installing will overwrite the copy of the program on your computer, and replace any deleted or broken files. Make sure ALL other programs are closed when performing the re-install. If you're having problems re-installing, please try the following suggestions.
Clear your Temporary Internet Files
This is very important, in case the Roblox.exe installer program did not download correctly.
The easiest way to delete your Temporary Internet Files is to use Internet Explorer and go to Tools>Delete Browsing History>Temporary Internet Files>Delete. You also can go directly to the Temporary Internet Files folder on your hard drive. The location depends on the version of Windows and whether or not you are using user profiles.
For Windows 7 and Windows Vista:
If you have Windows 7 or Windows Vista then Temporary Internet Files are in these locations (note that they can be on another drive instead of drive C):
- C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\
- C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\
Please note that you will have to change the settings of Windows Explorer to show all kinds of files (including the protected system files) in order to access these folders.
For Windows XP and Windows 2000:
If you have Windows XP or Windows 2000 then Temporary Internet Files are in this location:
- C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\
Note: that on your PC they can be on other drive instead of drive C.
If you have only one user account on Windows XP or Windows 2000 then replace <username> with Administrator to get the path of the Temporary Internet Files folder.
Repeat the above re-installation instructions.
Change your Firewall / Security Program Settings
A lot of antivirus or internet security software tries to control which programs can access the internet. Often, these programs err on the side of caution and by default no program is allowed access. The easiest thing to try is just turning your internet firewall software off - but if you would prefer not to do that, follow these steps to safely allow ROBLOX to access the internet:
- Find your firewall program's control panel. Often you can find this in the taskbar in the lower right hand corner of your desktop. Otherwise, it is probably in your Windows Control Panel. It's very common to find the control panel in your taskbar. Make sure to check down there.
- Find the program permissions section.
- Find ROBLOX and allow it unrestricted access to the internet.
For specific help, please consult your program's help manual, or read the following if you have Norton Anti-Virus: Norton Firewall and Anti-Virus
Repeat the re-installation steps after you have reconfigured your firewall.
For Mac Users:
Make sure you are completely closed out of the ROBLOX program
- Go to Finder > Applications
- Drag the ROBLOX icon into the trash; the icon in finder contains all of the ROBLOX files that have been installed
Go to www.roblox.com and click on Play
- Go to Finder > Today and click on ROBLOX.dmg - this should run the installer for you and place the ROBLOX icon in your Apps
- Select it from your Apps and it should go to your tray